First on December 30, 2014, the Roller skating belt loop at Roll-a-bout in Burlington address 605 Chapel Hill Road, Burlington, NC 27215 from 1-4PM. The cost is $4.50 for the session and $1.75 for regular skates and $3.75 for inline skating. We invite the whole family to come out and skate. If you have not signed up please do so we can expect you! Below is a list of requirements that they will need to meet.
Belt Loop Complete these three requirements:
- Explain ways to protect yourself while roller skating or in-line skating, and the need for proper safety equipment.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing the skills of roller skating or in-line skating.
- Go skating with a family member or den for at least three hours. Chart your time.
Our next event is Hike Bethabara Park address is 2147 Bethabara Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27106 this is a lot like Old Salem.
Here is a map of the over all park . Here is a link to the trail we will be hiking. We will meet at 2PM at the visitor center to begin the hike. The visitor center will be closed, but we will start from here the hike is just over 2 miles long. If you have not signed up please sign up here. We will work on the Map and Compass & Hiking belt loops and add miles to our trail trekker program. Below is a list of requirements needed for Map and Compass belt loop.
Map & Compass Belt Loop Complete these three requirements:
- Show how to orient a map. Find three landmarks on the map
- Explain how a compass works.
- Draw a map of your neighborhood. Label the streets and plot the route you take to get to a place that you often visit.
Remember to collect those cans you have until January 13, 2015 to turn in cans to earn a BSA sleeping bag valued at $50. Our current leaders are Colton Belcher 179, Ryan Davis at 73 and Ethan Toler at 46, keep those cans coming. We are donating them to SAFE which our church sponsors, so all of this stays local.
Our next meeting will be January 6, 2015. That night we will have our Parents meeting starting at 6PM; topics to be discuss are Scout Sunday, Scouting for Food, Blue and Gold, Cub Scout training for the new 2015 program, status for canned food drive and upcoming events.
Yours in Scouting,