Thanks to all the scouts and families who came out on Saturday to enjoy the parade. We had 19 scouts participate. We sang songs and wished everyone a Merry Christmas, thanks to all the families who helped make this event happen. I hope all enjoyed the parade! If you have any pictures please share them on the Cub Scout 65 Facebook page. I have also uploaded some the pack website www.pack65nc.com
Thanks to Cindy Biles for providing us some wonderful Christmas Ornaments to paint on Friday night. We had 14 families attend and painted over 60 ornaments. We should have these ornaments at our Pack awards night to hand back to the families! I forgot to take pictures at this event except one, so if you took pictures please share them at Cub Scout Pack65 Facebook page.
It is that time of year when you have to decide if you want to stay with scouts for 2015. If you are happy with the program, then we need you to go ahead and pay the dues by December 16, 2014. You can use Scout Bucks to cover the cost of the dues, but you have to let us know that is your plan, otherwise you can write a check or pay in cash. The cost of membership is $25 then if you want the Boy's Life magazine the cost is $12 for a total of $37. We will collect money at the next den meetings. If you do not pay by the deadline we will be forced to drop you from our roster, which means your scout will no longer be tracked for advancement and you will be removed from emails. Also, you will need to fill out another application to rejoin if you do not meet the deadline.
Our next pack awards night is December 16, 2014 at Eli Whitney Community Building at 6:30PM. We will have a pot luck dinner and hand out the awards and Christmas Ornaments. Also we have asked for scouts to work on the Heritage Belt loop & pin requirements and will cover a few that night.
Heritages Belt Loop and pin – complete all (bring to pack meeting)
- Talk with members of your family about your family heritage: its history, traditions, and culture.
- Make a poster that shows the origins of your ancestors. Share it with your den or other group.
- Draw a family tree showing members of your family for three generations.
- Help your parent or adult partner prepare one of your family's traditional food dishes. (This is the item that will be brought to the pack meeting in December, see sign up sheet). This can also be a dish that is native to the scouts cultural heritage. Eg, many of my ancestors are german, so I will bring a german dish.
- Interview a grandparent or other family elder about what it was like when he or she was growing up.
- Work with a parent or adult partner to organize family photographs in a photo album.
- Make an article of clothing, a toy, or a tool that your ancestors used. Show it to your den.
- Learn about the origin of your first, middle, or last name. Tell your den or an adult family member
We still have 3 bags of white chocolate pretzels, 8 bags of the chocolate drizzle popcorn, and 2 bags of the buffalo popcorn, if you are interested in any of the extra popcorn let me know.
Blue and Gold Planning meeting Tuesday, December 9 at 6:30 at the church. We will decide on the date and start discussing locations, budget options and entertainment. The Blue and Gold Banquet is the annual time when we come together to honor the scouts who have made rank and promote Scouting's Birthday in the USA. We invite any parents who want to help us plan this big event to attend the meeting on Tuesday night.