This coming Friday is Pot Luck at the Crabtree’s at 6PM. Our address is 1700 Old Carriage Court, Haw River, NC 27258. If you plan to attend please let me know, it should be a nice family fun night. We will have dinner and have some games for the kids. Remember to bring dishes, desserts, drinks, and chairs to sit in.
We have been in discussions with the church on space issues for the 2015-2016 Cub Scouting year. After letting the church know we will be placing den rules and checklist for the rooms, the church is willing to continue to share space with us. This year on the first couple of nights of scouts, each family will be provided the new Pack Handbook that will include all of the new changes. Families will be required to turn in a signed form stating they understand the new rules. Our goal is to make the Cub Scouting program fun for all scouts while respecting each other and our space.
I hope you have all gotten an invitation from ScoutBook software for setting up your account. All parents should have access to view your scout’s advancement. We are hoping this will help keep us all on track on for each scout’s advancement. Some information is still being entered, so be patient. With using the new software, it will allow us to send invitations with this feature. I will stop sending the punchbowl invitations I have used in the past.
Remember, we still have events going on all summer and we hope all families will come out and join us.
* July 17, 2015 Crabtree’s Pot Luck & Family Fun Night working on the Outdoor Activities Patch Click here to signup!
* July 18-19 2015, Dad & Lad Camping at Cherokee
* July 21, 2015 Triangle Sportsplex in Hillsborough for Ice Skating cost is $5 which includes ice skate rentals, time 5:45-7:15. This will count as a summertime award.
* July 25, 2015 Hiking at Cedarock Park to work on our Trail Trekker miles. This will also count towards Summertime Pack Award. we will meet at 9AM.
* August 4, 2015 Putt-Putt in Burlington cost $9 which includes 1 round of putt-putt and 20 tokens, 2 slices of pizza and drink. This will count towards summertime award.
* August 8, 2015 Burlington Royal Cub Scout Campout * August 22, 2015 Hiking at Occonneechee State Park in Hillsborough at 2PM with Naturalist.
Our first night back will be September 1, 2015. We are hoping to have a booth at each school for open house. If we are able to do this, we will need families to help man the table to provide information to potential scout parents.
Yours in Scouting,