This week we have Putt-Putt on Tuesday starting at 6PM, you are still welcome to join us, the cost is $9 per person which includes 1 round of putt, 20 tokens, 2 slices of pizza and drink.
On Saturday night is the Scouts with Burlington Royals night. The price is $10 per person, which includes game ticket, dinner, light breakfast, and camping for the night. This is a special night for the scouts and you can call (336) 222-0223 for tickets. Mike Solomon will be attending this event, there are no assigned seats for this event. The scouts are allowed to do a parade lap before the game and they prefer the scouts to be in Class A for the lap but after that they can be in Class B.
We have secured BEJ for Open House August 20 from 4-6PM and we are hoping to also have AWE for the same date and time. Our goal for this event is to provide information to any parents that are interested in Scouting. We ask if you have a child at either school that you help staff a table. If we can get each family to help, then you should only need to take 30 minute shifts. Also, we would like to invite our home school families to help. Right now we are just planning on recruiting at those two schools, but if anyone has ideas for other schools and the home school program, please share that with me this week. I have to tell our plans this week at the recruitment meeting at Blessed Sacrament Church.
Each year we host an Ice Cream Social/Popcorn kickoff, this year's event will be September 22 at the Eli Whitney Community Building. The ice cream social is a time to welcome new families into the pack and help answer questions. The Popcorn Kickoff is to announce goals for this year and explain how the details for this year's upcoming popcorn season. We ask that each family bring ice cream, drinks, and toppings. I have created asignup sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D6j1AwLZue01KPVCTJ9Kc1lDU0lxpIfyuwCvohlJ0cc/edit?usp=sharing) if you want to go ahead and get signed up.
Important Dates to Remember
* Parents/Leaders Meeting September 1 6PM at Saxapahaw United Methodist Church
* 1st Scouting meeting September 1 7PM at Saxapahaw United Methodist Church
* Ice Cream Social/Popcorn Kickoff September 22 7PM at Eli Whitney Community Bldg
* Camping Jordan Lake September 18-20
* 1st Pack Meeting September 29 7PM at Eli Whiney Community Bldg
* September 26 Popcorn starts runs through all of October
* October 6 Parents Meeting 6PM at Saxapahaw United Methodist Church
* Cuboree October 23-25 at Camp Woodfield (register on-line at council website)
* October 27 Pack Meeting at Eli Whitney Community Bldg
* November 3 parents Meeting 6PM at Saxapahaw United Methodist Church
* November 11 Graham Veteran's Day parade
* November 20 Pizza Party if we meet our goal at Eli Whitney Community Bldg Space Derby
You can have the Scoutbook Calendar added to you calendar, you can have the pack or the den or both. To add the pack the ical is https://www.scoutbook.com/ics/10507.BA803.ics To add the bear den the ical is https://www.scoutbook.com/ics/28622.8E6F4.ics To add the Wolf den the ical is https://www.scoutbook.com/ics/28623.A9D74.ics To add the Webelos I the ical is https://www.scoutbook.com/ics/28625.1816B.ics To add the Webelos II the ical is https://www.scoutbook.com/ics/28624.45D72.ics
Yours in Scouting Lisa