Thanks to all our scouts who participated in the Veteran's day parade! We had 12 cub scouts and 16 Boy Scouts participate. This was the first time Alamance County offered a Veteran's parade and they plan to continue. Meeting the Veterans and seeing how much they appreciated this made a lasting impression. Remember to take time to honor those who have given so much for us to have our freedom.
FRIDAY NIGHT IS POPCORN PICKUP AT 5:30 AT THE CHURCH PARKING LOT!
God & Family program is for Webelos only. This is a 7 week program that will be held on Thursday nights starting November 20, 2014. It will start at 6:30 and run to 8PM each Thursday night at Chatham Meeting Friends. The cost of the program is free, to cover the cost of the award that can be worn all year on the uniform the cost will be between $12-$15. Pastor Wayne Lamb will lead this program. Please sign your scout up if you plan for them to participate. Our Space Derby was a great success, thanks to all the scouts and families for working hard on their space rockets! Our overall winner was William Bevins, 2nd place Jacob Eubanks and 3rd place Wyatt Ehinger. Thanks to the many dads who helped put this event on, it takes a lot of manpower to pull off this event. Also thanks to all the other parents who helped with setup, clean up, kitchen, games and all the other things that everyone does to make a event successful! Our pack has gotten really big, but still we all come together and work as a team!
At our December pack meeting we hope to have the rest of our scouts that still need their Bobcat rank complete. Also the plan is to have the scouts work on the Heritage belt loop and pin at home, since we are getting to that time of year where we celebrate family traditions.
Heritages Belt Loop and pin – complete all (bring to pack meeting) 1. Talk with members of your family about your family heritage: its history, traditions, and culture.
2. Make a poster that shows the origins of your ancestors. Share it with your den or other group.
3. Draw a family tree showing members of your family for three generations.
4. Help your parent or adult partner prepare one of your family's traditional food dishes. (This is the item that will be brought to the pack meeting in December, see sign up sheet). This can also be a dish that is native to the scouts cultural heritage. Eg, many of my ancestors are german, so I will bring a german dish.
And complete 2 of the following (bring to pack meeting)
1. Interview a grandparent or other family elder about what it was like when he or she was growing up.
2. Work with a parent or adult partner to organize family photographs in a photo album.
3. Make an article of clothing, a toy, or a tool that your ancestors used. Show it to your den.
4. Learn about the origin of your first, middle, or last name. Tell your den or an adult family member
Note - Loops and Pins for heritage will not be handed out at the December meeting. Also if you would like to help plan and decorate our entry for the Graham Parade please let me know. We are hoping to have a tree that will be decorated with the pack colors. The Graham parade is December 5 starting at 10AM. The people who will decorate will need to arrive by 9AM which is when we have to be in our place in the parade line.
Blue and Gold is our annual banquet on the birthday of Scouting in the USA when most scouts reach rank level. This is a very special night, we typically have this catered for the meal and then we have a scout cake bake contest that we then eat for dessert. We would really like to have a planning committee for this event to help pick the location, food and decorations. If you are interested in being part of the committee let me know.